Ok this is a pretty amazing looking product from EC Pedals, at first I didn’t really get it and couldn’t work out what exactly was unique about the SuperSwitcher 2 (I don’t use switching systems personally so I’m no expert clearly) but after reading on I realised how awesome this IndieGoGo campaign is. Of course you could just watch the YouTube video above and get all of the information, but basically the main difference is that aside from all of the incredible powerful features of the SuperSwitcher 2 that come as standard, the product has been designed in a way that is modular so that you can customise it, here are some examples of what you could choose:
- Remove the FX loop module in exchange for 2 additional relay switches
- Remove the midi module in exchange for 2 additional relay switches (and keeping the FX loop module.
- Exchange loops 7 and 8 for 2 stereo loops***
- Exchange tuner out for A\B selectable inputs***
- Exchange stereo outputs for A\B selectable outputs***
*** those features will be available only if they reach a specific amount of funding, check the campaign page for details.
The unit includes the most advanced features built for a switcher inside a compact design enclosure, allowing the player to have, for the first time ever, a smart programmable device that can be placed in almost any size pedalboard and include all the features players need
Here are a list of features that come as standard, remember this unit costs just $339 ($319 if you get in early):
8 Audio loops for pedals (7 mono and 1 mono send/stereo return loop)
2 relay switches -you can control amp channels, turn on the reverb in your amp and basically use anything that requires a latching switch with just one standard PL stereo cable.
- Midi in & out – controls presets on your digital pedals and all other midi applications your setup has, Including an expression pedal jack!
- Switchable audio buffer at the input of the switcher – keep the spark of your guitar signal that you lose with long cables with this high quality buffer.
- FX Loop module – allows you to break the connection between loops in order to have “in from amp pedals” and “fx loop pedals” setup, When ordering you will have the option to choose where to “break” the connection for you – after 4 loops or after 6 loops. For example – loops 1-6 will include wah , filter and distortion pedals, which will be sent to the amp Input. From the amp’s FX loop of your amp you will send the signal back to the FX loop module of the switcher in order to have delay & reverb pedals at loops 7-8.
- Internal tuner – that’s right! We have a basic guitar tuner built into the switcher! We also include a tuner out jack, if you want to use your own, more advanced tuner (signal is muted when using the tuner feature so no one in the crowd hears you tune).
- Stereo outputs L&R
- 99 Banks with 5 presets on each bank.
- GND lift switch
If you have a number of pedals and want to be able to easily setup presets, have an effects loop that you can instantly switch in and out, control amp channels and effects via MIDI all in a compact cheap unit that uses the highest quality components, I would encourage you check out the EC Pedals SuperSwitcher 2 IndieGoGo campaign and help fund what looks to be an awesome looking product.