Boss are launching a new series of pedals for NAMM 2013 using their new MDP or Multi-Dimensional Processing technology, the first pedal also happens to be Boss’s 100th Pedal the TE-2 Tera Echo. Here are a few of the features:
- Rich, spacious echo and ambience effects
- Dramatically enhances the direct tone, but never overwhelms it
- Freeze function holds the ambient sound for lead backing and sound effects
- Ultra-responsive to volume changes and playing dynamics
- Wide range of sound adjustment with simple controls
- Mono/stereo input and output
Here is what Boss have to say about their new Multi-Dimensional Processing Technology:
“Roland’s innovative Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP) analyzes audio signals in many dimensions and applies ideal effects to each. By giving different dynamic changes relative to the input signal in real-time, MDP can create bold, all-new sounds with a previously unattainable range of expression.”
The Boss Compact Series was launched in 1977, the first pedal being the legendary OD-1 Overdrive and for years they were the top choice for players around the world. Today many “boutique” pedals are simply clones of Boss designs and they continue to innovate like no other effects company.
For more info head over to http://www.bossus.com/ and don’t forget to check out their booth at NAMM 2013 if you are attending to try these new MDP pedals out for yourself.
Boss TE-2 Tera Echo Overview: