The third BOSS Pedal announced for NAMM 2013 using their MDP Multi-Dimensional Programming Technology is the DA-2 Adaptive Distortion pedal.
“Unlike standard distortion pedals that process the entire guitar signal with one effect, the DA-2’s Multi-Dimensional Processing employs multiple distortion processors to seamlessly adapt the sound in real time and create the ideal tone for every register. As a result, the DA-2 delivers a rich, musical distortion that plays well all over the neck, from tight, edgy low-string tones to fat, smooth highs for lead playing. With the power of MDP, the DA-2’s distortion is dramatically responsive to your playing dynamics, and every note is heard with clarity and definition.”
Here are a few of the features:
- Distortion that adapts to create the ideal sound in every register
- Ultra-responsive to volume changes and playing dynamics
- High-clarity sound, even when playing two or more notes at the same time
- Very low noise, even with high-gain settings
- Intuitive operation similar to standard distortion pedals
For more info head over to http://www.bossus.com/ and don’t forget to check out their booth at NAMM 2013 if you are attending to try these new MDP pedals out for yourself.
BOSS DA-2 Adaptive Distortion overview: