If you’ve never come across Pro Tone Pedals before they have some very cool looking pedals with graphical finishes that help set them apart from the myriad of effects manufacturers. Pro Tone have a couple of big name Metal guitar players on their books too which I’m sure helps, Misha Mansoor has a pedal called the ‘Bulb Overdrive Deluxe’ and Keith Merrow’s limited edition signature overdrive which you can hear in the video above. Interestingly it seems that Keith has developed this overdrive pedal specifically to add more gain and definition to his amp overdrive tone rather than made to use with a clean channel to create his signature heavy sound.
I use this pedal mainly to tighten up a high gain amp, we made this pedal with a bit LESS gain than other TubeScreamer type pedals. It’s tighter, cleaner, with better articulation and clarity. The gain that it has is usable, and not overkill. In addition to being great on the gain channel of an amp, it’s also killer on the clean channel. The overdrive is rather musical, and is capable of nice rock and blues tones. It’s very versatile, and can do anything from rock to modern death metal, depending on how you use it.
- 1st 50 built will be autographed by Keith
- ALL 150 of them will include a download of the upcoming release from Conquering Dystopia, Keiths project with the legendary Jeff Loomis
- Gain, Tone and Volume controls
- Operates on a standard 9 volt (negative tip) BOSS style adapter
- True Hardwire Bypass with grounded input for noise free operation
- Stomp switch built to withstand years of hard stomping shows
- Durable aluminum housing
- Super-Bright LED for easy onstage identification
- Proudly built by hand in he U.S.A.
You can purchase a Keith Merrow Limited Edition Signature Overdrive for $227/237 direct from the Pro Tone Pedals website.