The Sonic Wind is quite a striking guitar I think you’ll agree, you can’t see from the photo above but the body is hollow as in you can see all the way through it from end to end, check out more photos here – http://www.thesonicwind.com/new_model-the_sonic_wind_cs. This guitar will never have mass appeal but it’s interesting to me because to look at it you would expect a thin sounding guitar with all that wood missing from the body! In fact if you check out the demo on their website (http://www.thesonicwind.com/video_gallery) it has a nice rounded smooth tone and is capable of pretty beefy crunch tones too.
One year after introducing the world to the first “open chamber” electric guitar, builder Hector Trevino introduces the newest member of the Sonic Wind family, The Sonic Wind CS.
With a gently curved “waist” the CS gives a nod to traditional guitar design without losing it’s clean, modern form.
The Sonic Wind CS is at the forefront of guitar design, being the only “Open chamber” electric guitar made anywhere! The Sonic wind is all about a new look, a fresh approach, and a forward thinking answer to the tired “old school” styles of the past. But more than a new form, this guitar brings the goods:
- A comfortable, well balanced 7 lb. body with access to all 24 frets.
- A maple neck through for great sustain.
- “ open chamber” design enhances resonance (and looks cool)
- All maple and mahogany tone woods (old school had that right!)
- Low output Humbucker pickups balance the bright maple yielding a well balanced tonal spectrum- round, full bass, clear mids, and bell tone highs.
At this time production is limited and The Sonic Wind is available directly from the maker only. The price for The Sonic Wind CS in the first production run of 20 is $2295 ea. Including molded hard case and 10 year limited warranty for materials and workmanship.