Back in February 2011 I reviewed a new iOS Amp Modelling App called AmpKit by Agile Partners, this app has been a great success and 600,000 iPhone & iPad users have downloaded the app. Now due to this success Agile have ported the app over to be a fully fledged OS X app.
- Includes all the great gear that AmpKit is famous for at no extra charge: 22 faithfully-reproduced amps with 38 separate amp channels, 28 pedals, 28 cabinets and 8 mics.
- A true native OS X app, built specifically for OS X Lion and Mountain Lion, with snappy 64-bit performance and a beautiful, immersive user experience.
- Even better sounding on the Mac, with improved simulation fidelity to deliver superb tone for both clean and high-gain play.
- Breakthrough price: just $49.99 on the Mac App Store (US).
Recording session showing the record panel:
- Effects include multiple overdrive, distortion, fuzz, compression and phaser pedals, plus clean boost, delay, reverb, acoustic simulation, wah, EQ, octaver, tremolo, vibrato, chorus, and flanger.
- 137 presets to inspire you: from smooth cleans and earthy acoustics to bone-crushing high-gain metal.
- Share setups with other Macs, iPhones and iPads. Add setups shared by others right from Mail, Finder, Safari, or AirDrop.
- Drag-and-drop to add or rearrange gear, or use keyboard shortcuts, with undo / redo support.
- Sophisticated recording capabilities, including non-destructive re-amping so you can change your tone after you record.
- Jam along with backing tracks, tune using a high-precision tuner, keep time with a flexible metronome.
- The perfect upgrade for GarageBand users looking for a dedicated guitar / bass amp and effects app.
- Uses many of the newest features in OS X Lion and Mountain Lion: Multi-Touch gestures, Full Screen mode, Sharing via email or AirDrop, and gesture-enabled Quick Look.
- Available in the Mac App Store for easy purchasing, installation and upgrades. No USB key, no complicated activation process.